Car hauling specialists inspect, load/unload and safely move vehicles to and from various locations.
5 Open Positions for 9/10 and 5 Open Positions for Four Car Combos
Car hauling specialists are responsible for the following:
- Transport customer vehicles as dispatched to you
- Perform a detailed inspection of each vehicle
- Secure vehicles while working on top of an auto carrier trailer (approximately 10 feet off the ground) with minimal workspace
- Customer Service Focus- Maintain professional and courteous behavior for customers and co-workers at all times
- Complete paperwork in an efficient and timely manner with the training and tools provided
- Operate all vehicles in a safe manner and in compliance with all company policy and procedures and traffic laws and regulations
Qualifications and Physical Demands
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to communicate and read in English as the primary language
- Computer literate, familiar with mobile applications for routes and delivery
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions
- Appropriate valid License based on vehicle size
- Must have current CDL A for 9/10 car hauler position
- Must have current CDL B for 4-5 car rollback position
- Must have current class E for 2 car rollback position
- Driving record must meet insurance carrier standards
- Previous car hauling experience of at least one year preferred or successful completion of approved training
- Must have a current DOT medical card, and TWIC card (OTR driver)
- Age requirement Twenty-three (23) years of age or older
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, climb ladders, sit for long durations, secure vehicles using a tie-down bar in tight areas of an auto carrier trailer.
- Must be able to push, pull weights up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to complete all driving tasks in all types of weather conditions.
- Minimum education, GED or high school diploma.
- Clear vision to perform functions of the position and pass DOT physical.
Safety and Policies
- Ability to manually manipulate controls for safe driving.
- Observes all company policies and procedures with an emphasis on safety.
- Maintains Elogs for safety compliance and report an accident and/or injury to your supervisor immediately.
- Perform routine inspections and schedule preventive maintenance on assigned equipment in accordance with company policy
- This is a full-time position, variable days and hours.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.