Vehicle Shipping Terms & Conditions
- Cancellations: A fee will be applied to all orders cancelled with less than 24 hours' notice of scheduled pick up.
- JMN Logistics, LLC. hereafter referred to as JMN Logistics agrees to have vehicle(s) described on quotation on or about the dates requested. JMN Logistics will transport vehicle(s) on company trucks or designate a reliable carrier to meet shipping requirements. JMN Logistics or its carriers do not guarantee pickup or delivery dates.
- The shipping agreement is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier's bill of lading. Copies should be provided at delivery.
- Carrier accepts responsibility of vehicle after preinspection and customer or appointed agent signs inspection form. Carrier responsibility ends when vehicle is unloaded and customer or appointed agent signs final inspection. At the time of pick up, Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage by completing a vehicle inspection report. The Carrier and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle by signing it and a copy of the bill of lading. After delivery, this process will be repeated with the Customer and Carrier that delivers the vehicle(s). Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading and signed by the driver and Customer, regardless of weather or time of day. Signing the bill of lading and inspection report without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that JMN Logistics, Carrier, and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Customer MUST check vehicle thoroughly at time of pick up and again at time of delivery.
- Driver/carrier will drive vehicles on and off the transporter. They will pickup and deliver to requested areas ONLY if safe, unrestricted, and mutually agreeable. It is illegal for any vehicle transporter to be over the approved length or height according to DOT regulations. Low hanging wires and/or trees can damage vehicles and the transporter itself. If you or someone you designate is not available to release or pickup the vehicle(s), they can be driven to designated areas.
- All vehicles to be delivered with a balance due must be paid by cash or certified funds only (unless terms have been established with JMN Logistics credit department).
- Primary insurance for your vehicle(s) is provided by the carrier assigned to your move. As a carrier, JMN Logistics will provide primary insurance for your vehicles if assigned to our trucks. If one of our carriers transports your vehicle, their insurance will be the primary insurance.
- It is against DOT (Department of Transportation) Regulations to transport vehicles with any personal items inside the vehicle. The driver has to enter the State Inspection Stations at each state. They can inspect the vehicles at any time and give the Carrier a fine up to $10,000.00 and/or remove the personal items from the vehicle. Auto transportation companies have the authority to transport vehicles only. Also, personal items are not covered under cargo insurance. It only covers the vehicle against transport damage.
- JMN Logistics, Carrier, or their agents shall not be responsible for any of the following:
- Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tune ups, battery or charging system. (No inspection evaluation is performed at pickup location) therefore JMN Logistics nor its Carrier accepts responsibility for them.
- Damage not detected at pickup location due to weather, lighting, or vehicle too dirty to inspect.
- Damage to car phones, video equipment, or any antennas under any condition. It is recommended that you remove them.
- If you put personal items in the vehicle, you will be responsible for any fines incurred by the carrier. Insurance does not cover personal belongings against theft or damage of any kind.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the road, or out of the sky. Glass damage caused by road debris.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible, T-Tops, boots, bras, caps, or decorative tops.
- Damage caused by vandalism during transport.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of God.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie-down holes.
- Vehicles that have defective or insufficient brakes, parking brake or parking gear.
- JMN Logistics reserves the right to transport vehicles via another trucking firm when JMN Logistics cannot schedule such vehicles on its own equipment.
- Damages caused on a brokered load become the responsibility of the transporting company hauling the vehicles.
- Vehicles that are INOPs (Inoperable) at pick up or become inoperable during transport will be subject to a $150.00 INOP fee.
- JMN Logistics will not be responsible for rental car reimbursement. It will be necessary for the customer to make transportation arrangements during pick up, transport, and delivery of vehicles.
JMN will not be responsible for the following:
- Mechanical malfunctions exhaust assembly, alignment, suspension or tuning of engine.
- All delivery times are estimated and JMN does not guarantee delivery on any particular schedule.
- Damage of any type caused by and/or resulting from any type of weather conditions: (snow, ice, rain, winds, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, sand storms, act of God, etc.)
- Damage to convertible tops.
- JMN reserves the right to transport vehicles via another trucking firm when JMN cannot schedule such vehicles on its own equipment.
Furthermore, the following Terms and Conditions shall apply:
- Any and all actions or proceedings shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State and Federal courts located in the County of Saint Louis, State of Missouri. Any right to assert the doctrine of forum non conveniens or similar doctrine or to object to venue with respect to any proceeding brought in accordance with this paragraph is hereby waived. Furthermore, State and Federal courts located in the County of Saint Louis, State of Missouri shall have in personam jurisdiction and venue over the undersigned for the purpose of litigating any dispute, controversy, or proceeding arising out of or related to any service provided by JMN. Additionally, it is hereby stipulated and agreed that the law of the State of Missouri shall govern over any dispute arising out of or related to any service provided by JMN. Furthermore the undersigned agrees to accept service of process sufficient for personal jurisdiction by registered or certified mail, to the address set forth below or its registered principal place of business. Additionally, the undersigned agrees and promises to pay any and all charges incurred for services provided and all costs incurred in the collection of same, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees.
Based on Customer's acceptance of this agreement, JMN Logistics, and/or Carrier is authorized to operate and transport Customer's vehicle from point of origin to the destination specified in the bill of lading and to drive said vehicle either at origin, destination or between the points of loading/unloading and the points of pickup/delivery.
Whether this agreement was accepted online, or sent to JMN Logistics by mail or fax, JMN Logistics and Customer agree that they have engaged into a legal contract for service. If the Customer acknowledged this agreement online, by mail or by fax, it is considered accepted and binding by both Customer and JMN Logistics whether or not an actual signature appears, once the transport actually takes place.
If you would prefer to mail or fax this agreement, just print it out, sign it , and fax it to 314-317-9491 or mail it to us. The mailing address is:
JMN Logistics, LLC
2050 Creve Coeur Mill Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
If you have additional questions, please call our office toll-free at 877-566-4285 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Central, Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon Saturday.
Traditionally we are able to pick up your vehicle within 1 to 10 business days from the first available date the vehicle is available for pick-up. We will work with you to meet your schedule as much as possible.
Pick up and delivery times are not guaranteed. They are only estimates.
We have no control over weather conditions, mechanical failures, DOT regulations, road conditions, or other customers' schedules. If you have a specific date you have to have your vehicle picked up or delivered please let your customer service representative know so we can discuss what your options are.