Inspecting a Newly Received Vehicle
As a consumer there are many important questions we ask ourselves when deciding to choose the right transportation company. How much will it cost? How long will the transport take? Another important factor you will consider is the safety of your vehicle. You want to know that whomever you choose to transport your vehicle will make sure it arrives in the same condition it was when it was picked up. In the unlikely event this does not happen, we've put together a few helpful hints:
- Inspect your vehicle with the driver upon delivery and keep a copy of the inspection for your records
- If you are not present when the vehicle is delivered, you should do a thorough inspection once it is in your possession
- Take pictures of any and all damage
- Get two or three estimates from body shops, dealers, etc.
- Contact the claims department at the transport company as soon as possible
In the unfortunate event that your vehicle is damaged in transit, following these simple steps will ensure that your claim is processed in a timely manner.